Assignment Due Date: December 1st
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is for you to communicate the scientific knowledge you gain both inside and outside the microbiology classroom about a particular microorganism. All possible pathogens, are microbes that you encounter in your nursing career and therefore are relevant to your nursing success. As you progress through the Microorganism Profile Project, you will research your organism and provide written explanations in your own words. All written communication is expected to meet accepted standards for grammar, syntax, and punctuation. The completed paper is to be in APA format and is to be submitted electronically via the Assignment Drop Box in Canvas located in week 9 September 5th
Skills: The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice the following skills that are essential to your success in a microbiology course. In this assignment you will:
Access and collect needed information from appropriate scholarly materials.
Communicate scientific information in your own words.
Compose a well-organized, clear, concise, essay expanding your knowledge on an assigned organism.
Correctly reference cited material using APA formatting.
Knowledge: This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the following important content knowledge in this discipline:
Fundamentals of microbiology.
The interaction between microbe and host.
Use of appropriate scientific vocabulary.
Explain the chain of transmission for your assigned microbe.
Explain treatments for microbial infection.
Identify preventative measures used for the pathogen.
Identify clinical relevance for nurses and or patients.
Understand the presentation of a patient with this microbe.
Task: To complete this assignment you should:
Unit 2: In the Microorganism profile module, find your assigned microbe. Access the Microorganism Profile Assignment and Discussion forum in the week 2 module and acknowledge that you have received your assigned organism by telling the class what organism you were assigned and what it is, bacteria, virus, fungus, or protozoan.
Unit 2 to 9: As you navigate through the microbiology course, collect information specific to your organism. Use the Microorganism Profile Paper General Guidelines and Format to through you in the important information which can include but is not limited to the following:
Type of microorganism you have
Gram reaction (if any), shape and arrangement
How the organism evades the immune system
Diseases your organism can cause.
How your organism can spread to others
Ways to prevent infection
How your organism will be treated
What a nurse needs to know about your organism
Prepare an APA format typed essay that documents YOUR understanding of the information and how it pertains to your assigned organism. APA is 12 point font Times New Roman with one-inch margins. Include a title and reference page and 3 to 5 content pages (total 5 to 7 pages).
Include at least 4 APA style references from scholarly articles or resources. For each reference, you will provide an in-text citation by providing a quote or paraphrasing the author’s information.
See the Rubric for complete requirements.
Unit 9: Upload your completed APA style paper to the Drop Box located in module 9.
Criteria for success: (Grading Rubric)
1. The student has thoroughly described the structure of the assigned microbe in detail, including the microbiological tools that would be necessary to observe the organism and virulence factors.
2. The student has thoroughly described the infectious disease caused by the assigned microbe, including conditions, duration of infection, complications, and predisposing factors.
3. All aspects concerning the interactions between the microbe and the human immune system were fully addressed. (all items or terms that are listed are described or explained in a very complete manner).
4. All aspects concerning the transmission of the assigned microbe between hosts are fully addressed. An original diagram created by the student is used to address epidemiology.
5. All aspects concerning the chemotherapeutic options for the assigned microbe are fully addressed.
6. All aspects concerning the clinical relevance of the assigned microbe are fully addressed.
7. The student can accurately interpret and communicate information using scientific vocabulary using written and/or graphical means consistently throughout the assignment.
8. The overall presentation is 100% complete, orderly, and demonstrates scholarly achievement including APA format, proper grammar, and punctuation.
9. At least 4 sources have been referenced, cited in-text, and references are from reputable sources.
Please note that this is just a preview of a school assignment posted on our website by one of our clients. If you need assistance with this question too, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page to get started.
Assignment Due Date: December 1st
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.